Sleepy Eye Holiday Lights in Motion
Thank you to all who helped make 2017 an incredible season!
10,000 vehicles passed through the park
1300 people enjoyed the free horse & carriage rides
and many, many more enjoyed the freewill concession stand and bonfire
- Initiated in 2014, Sportsman’s Park (north of Sleepy Eye Lake on Hwy 4) was animated with five Holiday Light Displays (donated by Bob Schabert of Courtland)
- The 2015 season brought a Santa Ski Slope (another Bob Schabert Display), Lights in Trees Animated to Christmas Music, a 33’ “Dancing” Mega Christmas Tree, Decorated Camper Cabins, Trolley Rides and an Express North Pole Mail for kids to hand deliver letters to Santa.
- In 2016 one more big display was added (final one donated by Bob Schabert), the Cul de sac area was lite/animated, the driving path was lighted and the community concession stand was brought onsite to use in conjuction with concession stand, campfire and trolley ride nights
- The event grew in 2017 with a total of 150,000 lights including 70 lighted trees. The entrance was illuminated and a lighted American flag was added.
- Visitors can Drive Thru or Walk Thru the exhibits
- All displays and trees use energy efficient LED lights!
Thank you to the many businesses, organizations and individuals whose support has made this possible!
- $ Donations to purchase the necessary supplies/light to build future displays.
- Labor from Individuals/Organizations to help build, assemble and dismantle the displays each season and also fundraising event workers
- Committee members to help plan, organize, fund raise and/or build displays
- We believe this project will grow into a tradition in which local folks as well as people from around the region will come to visit.
- A place for families to gather during the holiday season.
- The possibilities are endless….but we need community support to make our long term dream become a reality.
Our 2018 goal is to raise $15,000 VIEW DONATIONS SO FAR>>>
PLEASE CONSIDER MAKING A TAX DEDUCTIBLE DONATION!